Following the confirmation of funding for the Psychiatry Foundation Fellowship (PFF), applications for the programme for the 2023 cohort will open on Thursday 13 April 2023 and close at 12:00pm on Thursday 4 May 2023. The programme has been revised to include a number of changes.
The PPF aims to improve exposure to psychiatry for Foundation doctors and to support them to understand and explore careers in psychiatry. As part of the fellowship, trainees will access benefits including a CPD fund of £1500, access to College e-learning and journals and three development days designed to enhance understanding of and skills relating to mental health and career development. To apply for the programme, applicants will apply directly to the RCPsych (not through Oriel) and will have to demonstrate they have been allocated a UK foundation post starting August 2023.
For more information, including FAQs, please visit the College website.
A maximum of three PFFs will be appointed in each foundation school. In addition to the PFFs funded by HEE in England, the College is funding up to two PFFs in each of the devolved nations. These PFFs will apply via the same route and receive the same benefits as those in England. We will inform you of PFFs appointed within your foundation school.
- Thursday 13 April 2023 – UKFPO publishes full programme matches.
- Thursday 13 April 2023 – Psychiatry Foundation Fellowship applications open.
- Thursday 4 May 2023 – PFF Applications are closed.
- June 2023 – Fellows appointed.
- 1 September 2023 – Fellowship commences.
- 31 August 2025 – Fellowship ends
- Thursday 05 October 2023 – In person, RCPsych
- Thursday 18 January 2024 – Online
- RCPsych Congress 2024 – In person
- RCPsych international congress: TBC in June / July 2024 and 2025