The KSS School of Emergency Medicine hopes to hold two Educational Supervisor days a year. The next one is planned for November 2020. In addition to this, every Educational Supervisor should be up to date with educational CPD activity and refer to the RCEM promoting excellence document.
1) PGMDE Support Portal
The PGMDE Support Portal is divided into two sections:
- FAQs and query submission for trainees, trainers and trusts in the HEE London and KSS regions
- FAQs and query submission for any applicant, panel member or referee relating to recruitment activity supported by the London and KSS Recruitment team
2) Less than full-time training
FAQs regarding less than full-time training can be viewed on the PGMDE Support Portal.
3) Out of programme
FAQs regarding out of programme experiences can be viewed on the PGMDE Support Portal.
4) Supported Return to Training (SuppoRTT)
The SuppoRTT programme aims to support all trainees to safely and confidently return to training after a sustained period of absence. To find out more visit the SuppoRTT webpage.
5) Professional Support Unit
The Professional Support Unit (PSU) is a service primarily dedicated to supporting the progression of postgraduate medical and dental trainees through their training. To access the PSU, please visit the PSU webpage.
6) COVID-19 update and Wellbeing Hub via the PSU
In the Wellbeing Hub pages we have gathered information and resources to help trainees and signposted routes to get support. To access, please visit the PSU webpage.
7) Educational and clinical se-learning on eLearning for Healthcare
This e-learning session sets out how Educational and Clinical Supervisors will undertake their roles for postgraduate medical trainees (PMTs) employed under the 2016 contract and aids them in meeting their requirements under the new contract. It is designed to support Educational and Clinical supervisors but is pertinent to all those involved in the management of PMTs including the PMTs themselves. This resource was developed with HEE’s e-Learning for Healthcare and the support of NHS Employers and the British Medical Association. To access the e-learning session, please visit the eLearning for Healthcare webpage.