As a trainee you will be expected to attend a set number of regional training days throughout the training year in addition to local teaching at your trust. Each school will have a minimum number of events you are expected to attend in order to achieve a successful outcome at your ARCP.
Regional training days should be booked through the School of Emergency Medicine and can be found on the KSS events calendar webpage. To attend a regional training day, you should book study leave with your trust according to their notice period, usually a minimum of six weeks. If you are unable to attend, you must give your school a valid reason for non-attendance. This may include:
- your trust being unable to release you from service (if this recurs, please contact your school)
- pre-booked leave (although you shouldn’t make a habit of this)
- illness/bereavement/special leave
- working nights
Your attendance or non-attendance at each event will be noted and made available to the ARCP panel. The reasons above will be taken into account by the panel, providing they are valid.
Note – trainees must book their place before attending. Trainees who do not book a place may be turned away due to capacity. Trainees who have booked but can no longer attend should aim to give their school at least 48 hours’ notice so that another trainee can attend in their place.Trainees who do not attend and fail to give a valid reason beforehand will be reported to their Training Programme Director.
To be added.
Other events, courses and links:
- The SuppoRTT programme aims to support all trainees to safely and confidently return to training after a sustained period of absence. To find out more visit the SuppoRTT webpage here
- FAQs regarding less than full-time training can be viewed on the PGMDE Support Portal here.
- FAQs regarding out of programme experiences can be viewed on the PGMDE Support Portal here.
- The EM Leaders programme and dates can be viewed on the RCEM web page here.