A competency-based curriculum for specialist training in Anaesthetics
All Anaesthesia trainees will follow the 2010 Anaesthetics curriculum and all curriculum updates can be found on the RCoA website. ICM trainees – whether Single CCT or Dual CCT – will follow the FICM curriculum.
It is anticipated that a new Anaesthetics curriculum will apply from the 2022 intake of Core trainees, and a new ICM curriculum from the 2022 intake of ST3 trainees.
Before starting the core, ACCS or higher anaesthetics programme
All trainees must complete their registration before they start the programme, which includes:
- Registration with the Royal College of Anaesthetics or FICM – complete the registration form for core or higher specialty training and send it to the school for regional advisor sign-off.
- include HEE,KSS GMC training approval number on Form R and registration form KSS549.
- all college forms for registration can be found on the following links:
HEE KSS induction day
Trainees must attend the induction day and meet the TPDs.
Meeting educational supervisors
- book an initial appraisal meeting with their educational supervisor to update their portfolio and share their latest Annual Review of Competency Progression (ARCP) outcome, and/or action plan and final appraisal from their previous trust/hospital
- sign the annual educational agreement with educational supervisors
- attend an interim review
- complete the appropriate competencies to obtain a successful outcome at the next ARCP