The CS-GPST course is for accredited GP Clinical Supervisors who work in an approved practice, who are not able to commit to becoming an Educational Supervisor but wish to supervise GP specialty trainees (ST1/2).
Criteria for becoming a CS-GPST supervisor:
- must work a minimum of four clinical sessions
- must have been a qualified GP for 12 months
- must have been in a substantive post in the current practice for a minimum of 6 months
- must be a salaried Doctor or partner – but not a Locum or Retainer GP
- must be an accredited Clinical Supervisor with HEE KSS.
Upcoming dates for CS-GPST courses:
The CS-GPST course is a half day virtual session introducing Workplace Based Assessments (WPBA) and specific supervision requirements for GP specialty trainees (years 1/2).
- CS-GPST7 – Thursday 10 November 2022, 13.30
If you feel you meet the above criteria please express your interest through this online form and you will be invited to attend one of the above dates.
Please be aware this course is not the equivalent of the GP Trainer course and will not allow you to supervise GP ST3 trainees. If you wish to do this, please visit our Becoming a GP Trainer/Educational Supervisor webpage.